Senior Red Hat Linux/VMWare/DevOps Systems Engineer, Irving, TX for past ten years.
- Managed a large and geographically distributed server farm handling 2M+ web transactions daily.
- Experienced in; application as well as systems support & administration; peer and end-user support, trouble-shooting: application & OS; some hardware, capacity planning; trending, security and disaster recovery
- 80+ web-servers; 4 database servers; 4 backup servers; separate development and test environments; load-balancers and administrative servers.
- Developed and deployed mission-critical, high-reliability automated tools for load balancing, failover and monitoring, resulting in significantly improved uptimes.
- Augmented datacenter administration and security using cfEngine, reducing manual work by over 50%.
- Successfully migrated data centers with no downtime.
- Trained and directed junior administrators working offsite, and defined documentation standards.
- Release Management: Promotion to production in a heterogeneous, complex environment that needed critical decisions within severe time constraints. Improved procedures through automation and supported product development, DBA and QA organizations.