Candidates interested in this position need to have at least 5 years hands-on experience maintaining and supporting Windows, Linux, VMWare, Storage, and other critical infrastructure systems. Candidates will also be responsible for installs, repairs, patching, and changes to environments necessary to ensure maximum uptime and performance.
• Manage daily support requests.
• Performing routine maintenance and patching on networks, servers, and various middleware platforms during scheduled maintenance windows.
• Create tickets for tracking of production incidents, upgrades, installs, scheduled maintenance, and routine events.
• Troubleshoot issues with applications and services running on multiple Windows and Linux based systems.
• Proactively monitor production networks and systems to identify potential issues.
• Perform routine heath checks and implement strategies to be proactive.
• Participate in the building of documentation to support the infrastructure
• Weekday/Weekend on-call rotation and must be able to perform maintenance afterhours.
• Bachelors Degree (preferably Information Technology field) or equivalent work experience.
• Expert knowledge of Windows Server Environments
• Expert knowledge of VMware ESXi Administration
• Good knowledge of Linux administration (prefer RHEL)
• Good knowledge of Netbackup and other enterprise backup systems
• Good knowledge of Office 365 administration
• Familiar with both Windows PowerShell and Unix Shell scripting
• Familiar with automation tools for infrastructure build and configuration
• Familiar with SSL/TLS certificates and encryption technologies including PGP and gzip
• Familiar with file transfer technologies including FTP, sFTP, SCP and Connect:Direct (NDM)
• IIS and website maintenance and troubleshooting
• Working knowledge EMC Storage
• Working knowledge of Hyper-Converged Systems
• Working knowledge of PCI Audits
• Working knowledge of Networking
• Technical knowledge of the payment and/or financial industry a plus
• The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a team member. Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.