- Deliver architecture specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for projects and initiatives.
- Estimate effort, both development and product delivery timelines, to determine a course of action for project.
- Provide technical and/or business consultative leadership within IS in the design and implementation of storage infrastructure.
- Provide technical or business analytical leadership for specific storage needs or objectives in order to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with external vendors and other personnel in order to optimize and facilitate the best solution to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop recommendations in support of objectives and lead technical implementation of storage technology. Develop logical and physical technical artifacts for review.
- Provide technical services for customers in a highly complex data storage environment. Demonstrate ability to assess technical impact to the project/new technology along with technical risks. Resolve complex problems with little or no guidance. Independently research and promote specialized technical solutions.
- Debug complex hardware and software issues associated with storage-related technologies, including SCSI, ESCON, Fibre Channel and Enterprise Flash Drive.
- Analyze, design, test, document, and implement storage solutions for continuous data availability, integrity, storage and protection.
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for storage systems and large OS and servers across a complex computing infrastructure.
- Work with personnel to coordinate the standards in their area so that they smoothly interface to other technologies and are fully supportable
- Maintain technical awareness of developments within the storage technology industry and evaluate the applicability of those developments to the storage infrastructure, in order to ensure that such developments are exploited for the business benefit of the company.
- Review current hardware, software, product, test/certification, performance measurements, and configuration/management to ensure high quality of service for performance, availability, security and administration.
- Define and specify architecture protocols and functional requirements and specifications for storage components.
- Coordinate engineering/development work across multiple areas and across platforms to ensure adherence to defined storage standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Serve as fourth level technical support for storage technologies and large server operating systems and servers.
- Point of contact for storage vendors (disk, optical and tape). Coordinate vendor support for any problems escalated from support areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7 years of Storage Architecture experience
- Knowledge of EMC Symmetrix and vMax Storage Arrays
- Knowledge of EMC Clarion Storage Arrays
- Knowledge of Brocade SAN switches
- Knowledge of NetApp NAS
- Experience with Eternus Storage Arrays a plus
- Experience with HP XP and EVA series Storage Arrays a plus
- Experience with Cisco MDS SAN directors a plus
- Ability to plan and control projects.
- Mathematical, analytical and statistical aptitude
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, problem solving, leadership skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation are necessary. Active listening skills are required.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in environments dealing with ambiguity.
- The ability to determine the information necessary to strategically assess market situations, as well as, the ability to evaluate and determine optimal plans of action is essential.