The Global Network Engineering group is responsible for the design, architecture, engineering, and support services across corporate Data, Voice & Video networks. The team provides full lifecycle management for global technology solutions. Teams lead projects from evaluation to implementation & optimize existing solutions as well as provide continued support services. The technology infrastructure portfolio include the Enterprise wired & wireless LAN across all sites, Global MPLS WAN, Corporate Data Centers technologies, WAN Optimization,€€ Traditional Voice PBX, IP Telephony systems, Video Conferencing & Bridging Technologies, IP-NAS transport, Unified Communication & Collaboration solutions, Enterprise IP mobility solutions and Virtual Desktop delivery architectures.
Senior Architects are responsible for the evaluation, design and implementation plans for all technology solutions related to specific business requirements within our area. This position requires a strong foundation in enterprise information technology architectures across these silos – IP collaboration solutions (UC/OCS/IPT), Data/NAS Transport, Virtualized Server/Desktop environments, Routing protocols, switching, security, quality of service, LAN/WAN protocols, WAN optimization and Multimedia (Voice/Video) Technologies among others. Senior Network Architects are also responsible for implementing advanced network security features and researching and responding to vulnerability threats. This position also requires strong writing and documentation skills and an ability to expertly present designs and solutions to Senior Management.
- Evaluating and creating proposals for technology architectures that cross multiple IT areas – IP data Networks (routing/switching), PBX/IPT integration, Virtualized Client/Server environments and Voice/Video over IP networks.
- Interface with Sr. Management on business requirements/goals and translate them into technical specifications with solution proposals.
- Cross-train and knowledge transfer technology principles to implementation and services teams.
- Author architecture and design proposals aligned to business requirements.
- Lead proof of concept engagements and evaluate next generation architectures and solutions.
- Fully manage the complete life-cycle of a project engagement, including research, design, planning, implementation, operations and project management.
- Re-architect current implementations to optimize design and functionality.
- Provide Top level escalation support for Engineers in implementations and troubleshooting teams.
- Lead cross-functional training for engineering teams on specific solutions.
- Document and present design and implementation proposals to Sr. Management for approval.
- Gain expertise in new and emerging technologies and be the area lead for those products.
- Research new and existing technologies and provide recommendations.
- Lead efforts to secure the Campus Enterprise Network by evaluating and implementing advanced network security features.
- 10-12 years experience in Network architecture/design/implementation within an enterprise environment with strong focus in Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies.
- Experience in consulting is desired.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Expertise with Cisco VoiP telephony solutions on an enterprise network. SIP Trunking to PSTN experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Cisco switches including Catalyst 3560s, 3750s, 4500s & 6500s. Nexus 5k and 7k a plus.
- Expertise in Cisco routers including 2800s/3800s, 2900s/3900s & 7206s
- IP networking skill-set including switching, routing, QoS, VoiP/IP Telephony, network security and LAN/WAN technologies. (CCNP level and above).
- Advanced knowledge of designing, implementation and troubleshooting L3 routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
- Experience with wireless networking design and implementation.
- Excellent communication, presentation and vendor relation skills coupled with advanced engineering IT experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth understanding of IP telephony architectures and collaboration solutions.
- Hands-on design and implementation of Quality of Service Solutions.
- Voice and Multimedia experience over an IP network. SIP protocol and SIP trunking a plus.
- Experience in network security advanced features and protocols.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
- B.A./B.S. degree required, preferably in an engineering or computer science field – advanced degree a plus.
- Related industry certifications required (CCNP, CCDP, CCVP, CCIE or equivalent). Certifications should be active and not expired.
|Job Category||Engineer, Network|