Our client is actively searching for a Principal Network Engineer. Our client comprises country operations in Asia, Europe, and Latin America, which provide personal and small commercial insurance products. Our clients Home Office IT team is comprised of IT professionals from a variety of disciplines – application management, infrastructure, architecture, and security. Our major objective is to ensure that our operations sustain competitive advantage in their respective markets through their efficient and effective management of technology. Home Office IT drives the achievement of a number of key goals for our operations including nimbleness, speed to market, security, and reliability. In this position, you will receive general direction and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of network analysis. Directly responsible for projects or sub-projects of significant technical complexity. Design and develop system specifications, technical implementation plans and highly complex installation projects. Decisions require analytical, interpretative and evaluative thinking; decisions may not conform to established patterns; may oversee decisions made by others.
This person should possess understanding and hands-on experience with complex architectures and enterprise information systems to include:
- Enterprise level network (WAN) engineering experience in: Routing, Design, Configuration, Traffic Shaping through the use of Policy based routing or Route-maps, troubleshooting and support of mid to large sized network environments.
- Experience working with and managing OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, BGP Policy based routing, Quality of Service (QoS), IGMP Multicasting, VPNs, ACLs, MPLS, IP, VoIP, NAT.
- LAN technologies to include VLANs, VRFs, Port-channels and VPCs. Experience in complex Cisco Nexus environments using Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K devices.
- Experience with Brocade DCX directors for storage connectivity with multiple OS systems.
- Expert knowledge of other network technologies like the F5 Big IP used as network balancers and application firewalls, and the Infoblox appliances used as the core internal and external DNS authority.
- Ability to monitor networks, review network performance reports and define action plans for improvements.
- The qualified candidate should also be skilled at interpreting customer requirements, turning them into solutions (functional requirements), and be able to deliver consistent hands-on proactive resolution of issues in a timely fashion.
- Must be flexible and creative in adapting to environments where functional and operational objectives evolve and change rapidly.
- The Engineer will participate in numerous projects that will involve configuration, installation, integration, testing, and troubleshooting and supporting of regional and global network infrastructures.
- The qualified candidate should have experience working with a multidiscipline team of engineers.
- This person should possess good level hands on understanding and experience with complex architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least eight years of solid work experience in network management or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Cisco Certifications in Nexus is a plus
- Infoblox Certifications (CICA, CICE or CIST) is a plus
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment and problem analysis as well as a broad knowledge of business function(s) and Network and IT industry business issues.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation, presentation and consensus building skill required.
- Thorough knowledge of business objectives, strategies and operations required.
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies as well as practices and procedures.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company’s success is inextricably linked to our employees’ satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What’s your policy?
Salary (Pay Basis)
Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
|Job Category||Engineer, Network|