The Information Security Engineer III is responsible for developing, monitoring, evaluating and maintaining systems and procedures to protect host and network systems from unauthorized access. This team member will create, implement, and evaluate security standards, guidelines, and procedures relating to firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, host operating systems, and network devices.
- Designs, installs, and supports security technologies such as Firewalls, VPN, Network and Host-Based IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, Wireless, Encryption, and Content Filtering.
- Designs and monitors security for routers, switches, operating systems, and other technologies.
- Performs analysis of system logs to identify unauthorized use or access.
- Participates in emergency response team activities for responding to various security incidents.
- Provides in-depth support for information security incidents including internal violations, hacker attacks, virus, and system outages.
- Prepares and periodically updates information security policies, architectures, standards, and/or other technical requirement documents.
- Occasionally acts as a technical resource to department management and others within the company who are seeking more information about information security.
- Participates in periodic information systems risk assessments.
- Develops detailed proposals and plans for new information security systems that would enhance or enable new capabilities for network or host systems.
- Recommends and evaluates security tools to identify more efficient and effective security measures.
- Advanced technical skills and hands on experience in information security as it relates to server security, client security, network communications, and data storage.
- Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning, and anti-malware.
- Strong network security knowledge to include Remote access – VPN, Firewalls, DMZ architecture, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security.
- Advanced knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, DHCP, DNS, LAN/WAN, and Operating System concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of the OSI model and security that is associated with each layer.
- Advanced knowledge of wide area network security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources (switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, encryption, and authentication methods).
- Experience in setting appropriate priorities for tasks to be accomplished based on project plans and management priorities are required.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment and offer knowledgeable advice.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Has 3 to 5 years in networking or IT Security with a large corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or related field) or equivalent experience is recommended.
- At least one of the following technical certifications is highly preferred: CISSP, CCNP-Security, GIAC, CEH, CPTS or equivalent recognized industry certifications.
- Hands on experience supporting security requirements of a large, global enterprise environment.