This position supports information security management systems. Responsibilities include vulnerability management program and systems management to ensure compliance and protection of our client’s data assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and administration of our client’s day to day Information Security Infrastructure that includes a variety of technologies, including Web Application Firewall, Mobile Device Management, Multi-Factor Authentication, Data Loss Prevention technologies.
- Provide support for SIEM and IAM Program Managers.
- Analyzes and assess vulnerabilities in the infrastructure.
- Own and manage multiple security incident / problem records impacting the enterprise infrastructure [Servers, Clients, Mobile and Network].
- Follow industry best-practices for security incident, problem and change management (ITIL).
- Document security process, procedures, and standards.
- Project support for both IT and business initiatives requiring security infrastructure and services.
- Implement and manage the SANS 20 Critical Controls for Effective Cyber Defense.
- Ongoing management of our client’s vulnerability assessment program.
- Follow up on deficiencies identified in monitoring reviews, vulnerability assessments, and automated assessments to ensure appropriate remediation measures have been achieved.
- Manage and track and track risk mitigation efforts and ensure that risks are managed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Monitor current state and provide reporting and trending.
- Stay current with cyber security threats and trends.
- Assist with development and testing of security incident response plan.
- Develop metrics and reporting to demonstrate information security control effectiveness.
- Develop and promote activities to create information security awareness within the organization.
- Assist with security investigation and computer forensic analysis as needed, respond to security emergencies both during and after business hours.
- Provide periodic audits to demonstrate security control effectiveness.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with various compliance programs, such as PCI, SOX, and Privacy Regs.
- Develop and maintain a technology and controls roadmap to address the ever changing threat landscape.
- Communicate risk posture and risk mitigation effectiveness to Management on a scheduled basis.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Year Degree Security+ or CISSP.
- Experience: 5 + years of SIEM, Network, Server, Incident Response, Forensic Investigation.
- Strong background in security operations, process, solutions and technologies.
- Strong understanding of policy, compliance, and best practice security principles.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
- Knowledge of all security standards such as ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management Systems.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible positions in security operations and administration.