The Security Engineer – Domain Engineering position requires the ability to actively contribute to the design, implementation, operations and support of enterprise security solutions in a global multi data center environment.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the engineering security function within ETG to develop, maintain and advance the security posture of the company in order to adequately protect our clients assets. Responsibilities include managing and enhancing the effectiveness of current security infrastructure. Supporting the implementation of security technology, corporate security policies, programs, and procedures to protect information systems’ assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-data center environments.
- Maintain operational and engineering guidelines and processes to directly support our clients security architecture and design.
- Support existing security solutions and partner with other security engineering teams for the implementation and integration of any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
- Design, build, and implement enterprise grade network security infrastructure
- Ensure security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain architectural document, engineering guidelines and procedures in support of our cleints policies, standards and guidelines.
- Determine appropriate levels of security configuration, controls and monitoring.
- Use appropriate and effective measures to support T1 and T2 with security related incidents.
- Support the maintenance and deployment of new security solutions in multiple data centers.
- Support incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from compromising our clients data and assets.
- Understand the latest threat techniques and support appropriate countermeasures, configurations and awareness.
- Overall central management of infrastructure firewalls
- Work with members of all BU and ETG staff to support the enterprise approach to security.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
- Participate in regular Sunday morning maintenance windows and after hour support calls.
- Provide T3 support for firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, and other network related security technologies
Job Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of hands on and progressive information security design and implementation experience in a security engineering role
- At least 5 years of experience working in a progressive information security operations or engineering group.
- 5-8+ years relevant technical experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in network security related technologies
- 4+ years direct experience with enterprise grade firewalls
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work effectively in a distributed and matrix oriented environment.
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- Crossbeam experience
- Checkpoint VSX and Provider 1 experience, CCSA preferred
- Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience
- Sourcefire IDS/IPS
- Arcsight Exposure
- Bluecoat Experience
- Network analytical technology exposure (Tufin or similar product)
- Network routing, switching, packet analysis
- PCI DSS compliance knowledge
- Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, MPLS/VPN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS
- Knowledge of security best practices and procedures
- effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support
- Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized, keen attention to detail, and efficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong background in network security related technologies
|Job Category||Analyst, Engineer|