The Security Engineer will be the primary individual responsible for working on client networks in a consulting role, providing security architecture design, leading implementations of security solutions, and providing remote and onsite operational support for customers. The Security Engineer also plays a key role in the daily processing of Work Orders, Change Requests, and Incident Handling for operational systems.
- Provide security architecture design and consulting for pre and post sales support of customer environments.
- Lead implementation projects to ensure successful delivery of security services.
- Conduct on-site technical implementations or attend on-site customer meetings, as required.
- Provide Level 2 – 3 support to existing customers.
- Research, design, and oversee implementation of information technology, systems, and policies for information security in support of business needs.
- Perform resolutions to security related Work Orders, Change Requests and Incidents
- Provide 7×24 response to P-1 and P-2 level incidents
Essential Skills and Experience (key competencies)
- 6-8 years experience with IT security, networking and enterprise technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting the following technologies: Check Point, Cisco, VPN, VMware and Microsoft enterprise applications
- 2-3 years experience in a customer facing consultancy role
- Experience working in an ITIL-modeled IT environment
Education and Certifications:
- Check Point CCSE certification (preferred)
- CISSP certification (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution (required)
- Cisco Security Certification or equivalent experience (required)
- CISA or GIAC Certification (preferred)
|Job Category||Engineer, Network|