Title Senior Network Engineer
Location/Division Dallas Corporate Offices
Job Description SUMMARY
Working independently, the Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for the high level strategic design of the network, implementation deployment, and highest level of technical escalation for network resolution. This is a hands-on technical position, requiring the ability to multitask, prioritize, and accomplish multiple concurrent projects, serve as network lead, as well as interface with other departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership, technical consultation and operational support for enterprise-wide network and voice infrastructure.
- Responsible for setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of complex Cisco network environment.
- Ensure proper configuration and security on all network equipment
- Design and implement a high performance, WAN/LAN infrastructure
- Manage MPLS network to ensure connectivity between all active sites across the US
- Function as point of contact for network related issues
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance on all network equipment
- Develop solutions based on the principles of redundancy, integrity, security, and recoverability
- Respond to system outages
- Provide afterhours support if needed
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the network architecture
- Recommend appropriate technical solutions to management with regard to, technical and business needs
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience required, including 5 or more years of network design, installation, and support.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient Knowledge developing IT technology strategy for large network environments.
- Expert knowledge of complex WAN deployments including route distribution over MPLS network, route maps and filtering, traffic prioritization and QOS policies.
- Expert knowledge of the following network technologies: TCP/IP, Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Wireless Technologies
- Expert knowledge of L3 routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS
- Expert knowledge of L2 switching: STP, IEEE802.3
- Proficient knowledge with packet capturing and analysis through Wireshark or TCPDump
- Proficient knowledge of network cabling (CAT5E, CAT6, Fiber Optics) specifications and installation best practices.
- Proficient knowledge of the following network security technologies: Cisco VPN Firewalls, NAT, IPSEC, and access lists.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring best practices.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proactive, a quick learner, and work well under pressure of a fast-paced environment.
|Job Category||Engineer, Network|