This role supports the vision and direction for Security initiatives that support the company’s business objectives and requirements. Consults on all aspects of Information Security across the enterprise, provides strategic Information Security advice, and evaluates the risks associated with new and existing technologies as they relate to business objectives. This is a highly technical and consultative position responsible for coordinating efforts across multiple teams/departments.
Ensures that all data is protected from unauthorized modification, destruction and disclosure.
- Monitors all computing environments for compliance and evidence of intrusion.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades.
- Maintains and monitors systems to ensure infrastructure integrity.
- Builds application integration framework.
- Assists with integration, implementation, and administration of systems.
- Participates in the solution development process for internal business units.
- Leads testing that exercise the functionality of the product or issue resolution.
- Escalates issues to management and other teams when appropriate; follows up on issues and the results of issue resolutions.
- Proposes proactive measures to prevent issues.
- Keeps management informed of technical trends and/or emerging technology.
- Actively participates to improve procedures and standards.
- Represents the organization as a prime contact with customer management.
- Provides training and technical guidance to less experienced team members and internal customers.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong technical skills.
- Displays strong analytical skills to evaluate complex requirements and respond with quality technical specifications and solutions.
- Displays time management skills to effectively and efficiently meet schedules and deadlines.
- Works with a heavy workload on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Utilizes skills in negotiating timelines, project requirements and building consensus.
- Develops ability to filter relevant information from oral and written communications.
- Acts independently and exercises good judgment as well as works cross functionally and creates virtual teams as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field with minimum 4 years experience. Certifications such as CISSP, GCIH, or CISM desired
- 4+ year’s hands-on technical experience maintaining Internet/DMZ infrastructure
- Solid understanding of Endpoint Security technology (e.g. McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro)
- Deployment and support of Security Logging facilities (e.g. QRadar, Loglogic, Arcsight)
- The candidate needs to have a background in supporting internal investigations (forensics tools).
- The candidate must be familiar with security architecture.
- The candidate needs to have a background in supporting INCIDENT MANAGEMENT as a primary function as well as triage.
- The candidate should have experience supporting virus breakouts, SPAM and/or Phishing attacks, and events where someone attempts to hack into an environment.
- The candidate must be prepared to lead group discussions.
Required Experience and Education
|Job Category||Security Officer|