Network Engineer – Intermediate
Job Description The Network Analyst position is responsible for analyzing designing, testing, and evaluating network systems across the enterprise. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, and optimizing all local and wide area networks, VoIP, Internet, intranet, and other data communications systems. This individual will also assist Network Support team to troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions. Various projects would require individual to research and recommend network and communications technologies.
- Defines network architecture, evaluate products, and implement new technologies into the network.
- Evaluates multiple vendor data products through documented test plans, vendor selection, and develop engineering specifications and guidelines for these data products.
- Experience in project management and supporting medium to large scale projects.
- Implements new network technologies within the enterprise following established project management methodologies.
- Works with IT teams to develop and enhance networking and security products and services through the project implementation process.
- Provides technical support and training to IT teams and the Help Desk on related technologies.
- Establishes and documents standards, policies, and procedures.
- Interfaces with all implementation and Engineering teams during and after the project installation processes.
- Designs networking solutions to support all locations to include in-store and above store (Data Center) infrastructure.
- Configures and install Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Determines appropriate hardware sizing, capacity, and configuration for equipment acquisitions.
- Knowledge of real-time and statistical tools to monitor and report network performance, analyze trends, and make recommendations for changes.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Evaluates new technologies, develop business cases, and make recommendations to project teams and senior management for implementation.
- ! Reports status of projects and assignments to management on a regular basis.
- Ensures that all network technologies complies with industry standards and compliance (PCI, SOX, etc..)
Minimum Requirements EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- CCNA or higher-level certification required, Cisco Certifications CCNP, CCDP preferred, CCIE certification a plus.
- 5+years experience in a medium to large enterprise Cisco-based Network technical position.
- Extensive experience with Cisco routers (7200, 3800, 2800, 1800, and previous models), Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2960, and previous models) and IOS software.
- Experience working with Cisco Call manager express
- In-depth understanding of other technologies such as VPN, TACACS, VoIP, including cabling infrastructure.
- Understanding of network analysis and monitoring tools such as LAN Analyzers and various statistical reporting tools.
- Good working knowledge of WAN technologies including MPLS, Frame Relay, VSAT & DSL provisioning and performance monitoring.
- High level understanding of TDM telephony
- Understanding of network authentication and security tools, such as Intrusion Detection and Prevent! ion, Cisco TACACS, and Radius authentication.
- Experience dealing with LEC Telco’s, Long-Haul carriers, and ISP’s.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage large scale infrastructure projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Networking Infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, WINS, Active Directory) and Operating Systems (Windows 2000, XP, NT).
|Job Category||Engineer, Network|