Network Administrator II
Purpose of Role:
The scope of responsibility for this job is mid-level implementation and support of the Corporate WAN and LAN, including, Network Security, VoIP, and Remote Access, Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, Enterprise wireless, Application Networking and much more.
Standard Job Description
Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Specific Job Description
- Assist with management the Cisco and MPLS-based LAN/WAN environment consisting of 800+ remote shop locations, two datacenters and multiple regional offices.
- Implement technical solutions for all of our clients network infrastructure systems in support of the company’s goals & objectives.
- LAN/WAN moves, adds, changes.
- Interact with WAN service partners to support the MPLS WAN environment.
- Support Citrix/Netscaler or other Application/Server Load Balancing systems.
- Support Cisco ASA firewall rule sets and effectively communicating firewall rule changes to ensure applications are capable of successfully traversing across firewalls.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, network configurations, and systems detailing locations and configurations for all assigned projects.
- Inform the IT department and all levels of management of planned and unplanned system outages in a manner consistent with established communication, escalation and change control policies.
- Support customers and employees via email, telephone, and face-to-face interaction.
- Work with our vendors and carriers to facilitate and achieve successful troubleshooting and implementations for production related issues and to improve standard operating procedures.
- Operate network monitoring and configuration management software to identify anomalous events, perform fault detection, review performance metrics, and generate reports to support specific service level requirements.
- This position will be called upon regularly as a backup to other staff on the network team.
- Participate in 24/7 ON-CALL rotation which includes being available to assist with issues even when not on call.
Span of Control
- Has no direct or indirect reports
- Work is performed under general supervision.
- Work is reviewed periodically for soundness of judgment.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience; Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience with 2+ years related experience.
- CCNP-Cisco Certified Network Professional required
- Must have 2+ years data network (LAN/WAN/WLAN) administration experience in a Cisco environment designing, integrating, monitoring and maintaining interconnected networks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Cisco router and switch configurations and troubleshooting using Cisco 73xx, 72xx, 65xx, 45xx, 37xx, 35xx, 29xx routers and switches
- Demonstrated proficiency working directly at the command line interface (CLI) of switches, core routers, firewalls and various network devices and telecommunications equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting LAN technologies (TCP/IP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q, Spanning-Tree, GLBP, OSPF & BGP Routing, QoS and VoIP)
- Demonstrated proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting WAN technologies (DS-0, DS-1, T-1, T-3,SONET, MPLS, Fiber Channel)
- Demonstrated proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting other network technologies (QoS-Voice/Video/Applications/Wireless, VPN’s-IPsec/SSL, GSLB, GLBP, DNS)
- Must possess an understanding of multimedia protocols (H.323, SIP, SCCP, MGCP, RTP, RTSP, RTCP, etc.)
- Must have experience reviewing Ethernet packet captures (e.g. tcpdump, Ethereal, Wireshark), studying network traffic flows and reading interface statistics to identify network connectivity and performance problems affecting Voice and Video over IP communications
- Must have knowledge of fault-tolerant production network design, redundancy, network monitoring systems, security best practice and identifying and eliminating single points of failure
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed to support planned and unplanned network maintenance and troubleshooting events
- Experience with 802.11 wireless, 802.1x, and Network Access Control (NAC) is a plus
- Demonstrated self-initiative and be able to operate without supervision as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers and team members
- Must have good project management skills
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and assignments
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Must have strong time management, multi-tasking, organization and administrative skills and must be highly proficient with Visio, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and implement third-party applications and complex solutions as required
- Good understanding of Network Industry Standards and Network Security Practices (SOX & PCI) is a plus
Candidate must be able to meet any physical ability requirements necessary to perform position. The information contained in this job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position or the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management has the discretion to assign/reassign duties and responsibilities as needed.
|Job Category||Administrator, Network|