Architect, IT Networks
Our client has outsourced data center (IT) functions to a “Provider”. While day-to-day executions of some functions are the responsibility of “Provider”, our client continues to play a substantial role in the oversight of the Data Center as it relates to development of IT business strategy, business solution delivery, financials, governance, and IT business operations.
Execution of these responsibilities requires the integration of diverse talents from the our client organizations including business management team (responsible for transaction accounting and financial management, operations monitoring), our client legal (contract compliance) and other our client IT shared services business functions (responsible for IT strategy, resource utilization, technical innovation, due diligence, security, integrity and control).
our client seeks to reinforce the capabilities of the IT Infrastructure & Shared Services group through the addition of team members capable of driving this business model. The Project and IT Delivery Manager will have direct accountability to the Director of Data Center Operations while working to deliver technical projects and assist in delivering data center operations that enhance the operating and tactical priorities of our client and it’s Business Units (BUs).
This position assists in managing the day-to-day relationships and operations between our client and all third party entities, concerning IT projects, support issues, and SLA metrics surrounding Data Center IT shared services delivery. In addition the team member filling this position will be responsible for implementing Data Center operations and projects with business unit’s project teams.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned. Directly or through others, the incumbent:
- Assists in the development and implementation of the our client IT technology plan. This includes managing the demand management process for providing IT Data Center services to the organization, while building positive and productive relationships with business units and providers, to insure the receipt of timely and cost effective IT Data Center solutions in alignment with our client’s and business units tactical objectives.
- Assists in identifying and correcting process deficiencies, and developing consensus approaches for problem resolution that supports and enables the development and execution of the business unit’s functional IT plan.
- With some assistance and leadership, researches, prepares, and delivers presentations on short and long term initiative planning to various levels of management in our client’s family of businesses. Also assists with the activities of the our client’s IT sub-committees.
- Works closely with third party entities and our client business units to develop Data Center IT project plans (resources & spend). In conjunction with the business units IT functions, develops the detailed business requirements and/or business cases regarding IT projects across our client’s various organizations, ties these to Data Center activities and implements Data Center project plans.
- Understand our client’s business needs and future direction, as well as the functionality of technology as it relates to the electric utility industry to deliver cost effective technology solutions as required by the business units.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and communicating the overall technology strategy and vision for our client that supports the current and future need of the business.
- Ensure that support for Data Center technology used in our client adequately meets the needs of the business from a, capability, cost, time line, and 3rd party perspective.
- Represent our client and business units interests in corporate matters related to Data Center technology.
- Assist in developing the annual IT budget.
- Maintain strong relationships with business units and technology providers to ensure that our client is receiving timely and costs effective services that are aligned with tactical and strategic objectives.
- Support our client and business units. Be fully engaged in the direction of the business to maintain a tactical Data Center vision for technology.
- Maintain industry relationships and looks to all sources available to develop the best Data Center technology strategy for our client.
- Must be able to identify and correct process deficiencies, and develop consensus approaches for problem resolution.
- Requires close contact and work with multiple clients and service providers.
- This position requires an understanding of how Data Center technology can enhance the goals and objectives of our client.
- Communication skills are critical. Must be able to communicate with the technology providers as well as with the business leaders. An ability to understand the technical details and communicate the essentials at a high level is important.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science or a related field and 8 -10 years experience in project management.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team building and collaborative leadership skills to build consensus solutions.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Information Technology systems, with a focus on Data Center technology.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Understands how IT and Data Center services can enhance the goals and objectives of our client.
- Supports issues, and metrics surrounding our client’s technology strategy and plan.
- Understands ITIL processes, and all aspects of project planning and execution.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Occasional long, irregular hours.
- Use of a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone.
- Occasional bending, twisting, crouching, pulling, pushing, and/or reaching to access job-related materials.
- Open workspace office environment.
Measures of Success:
- Fosters positive and effective relationships with business unit clients, related business unit stakeholders and providers.
- Contributes to the IT “big picture” decisions across our client.
- Manages day-to-day relationships concerning future and in-flight IT projects.
- Assist in the development of short and long term IT strategies and objectives.
- Growing leadership skills with some development guidance.
|Job Category||Architect, Network|