Within this highly specialist role the candidate will evolve our clients technical security strategy and architecture by developing solutions, frameworks and plans in order to meet the growing and evolving needs of a highly successful global business.
Seeking someone with a background in the following areas:
Candidate will have a strong background within information security and security engineering, with hands-on experience of a diverse range of security technologies that include: multivendor stateful, non-stateful, and application firewalls, HIPS, NIDS/NIPS, wireless, NAC, VPN’s, encryption, DLP, SIEM, PKI/strong authentication, database technologies, PCI, cloud security, network and OS vulnerability scanning and management.
- Leads and develops security design and architecture solutions on large enterprise projects.
- Leads and develops solutions that embrace strategic direction and security reference architecture
- Translates business problems into tangible, sustainable solutions
- Monitors and drives project results against technical specifications
- Identifies design alternatives that satisfy the system requirements and presents pros and cons for each solution for business decision.
- Develop high quality architecture deliverables, conducts formal design reviews, and obtains approval from key stakeholders.
- Develops solutions by analyzing information requirements; determining systems architecture, components, and technologies; studying business operations and user-interface requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience with industry best-practice approaches to information security, information assurance (e.g. ISO 27001, 27002) and risk management.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility by developing analytical models; completing validation tests.
- Assists PM in developing project plans, specifying goals, strategy, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allotment of resources for each phase of the project
- Provides technical decisions on projects, program direction, and application modifications
- Stay abreast of current technology, new technological advances and company standards
- Creates technical architecture that ensures proper interoperation and integration among existing and proposed systems and allow for proper linkage to, and achievement of key business strategies
- Uses sound judgement and evaluates the many layers of defence to ensure introducing a new technology or process is justified against the risk of not doing so.
Works under general direction. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise the activities of lower level personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years related experience using multiple technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of our clients products and technical environment, including interrelationships of systems.
- Ability to estimate financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.