Our client is looking to fill the position of Principal Architect located in Allen Texas. The role of the Principal Architect is to create a technology architecture that defines the standards and patterns for technology capabilities and organizes those capabilities into software and hardware platforms able to support the efficient, cost-effective and secure delivery of higher-level IT capabilities.
- Create a common vision of the enterprise that is shared across the business units which exposes opportunities for strategic growth, innovation, economic efficiency and operational effectiveness
- Development of a multi-year IT strategic plan that offers direction and guidance for IT investment decisions that are strategically aligned with corporate and GTS departmental goals and integrated with organizational planning, budget, procurement, and program management processes
- Increased return on IT investments and reduced deployment risks and costs resulting from IT governance processes that improve the transparency, oversight and accountability of technology selection and solution design decision making
- Application of IT portfolio management methods and tools to define and regulate a technology life cycle for key IT assets that optimizes financial costs against business value and risk
- Progressive technology improvement by establishing strategic enterprise planning and IT governance as proactive enterprise capabilities aimed at evolving GTS business processes, information systems and technologies over time
- An agile enterprise able to accommodate rapid or unplanned business or IT changes by using Enterprise Architecture as a means to increase the standardization, interoperability, portability and durability of GTS enterprise
- Specialized Consulting for teams requiring architectural or technical guidance. A successful Architect must have a high level of communications, consulting, and client relationship capabilities. The position requires a candidate that must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts both to clients and to team members, and to negotiate change.
- Must be proficientin the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
- Require working-level capabilitiesand experience with many business (financial), functional (application) and infrastructure (operational) products, technologies, processes, and services.
- The Architectmust be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts both to clients and to team members, and to negotiate change. Problem solving of client business and technical issues is a principal role of the Architect, and he or she must be capable of effectively identifying and framing problems, leading the collection of elements of information, and integrating this information to produce timely and thoughtful decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an Enterprise environment
- Served in a technical team lead or architect position
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills:
- Able to speak to large audiences, top executives (VP to Board level), business and technical leaders
- Able to adapt vocabulary and style for each situation
- Able to represent complex ideas with effective documents and visuals and to adapt presentations to the expectations and background of the audience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive collaboration and stakeholder management skills:
- Able to work effectively with others on common tasks; build rapport, gain support, instill confidence, take actions which respect the needs and contributions of others; find common ground; negotiate win-win solutions; and share credit with others; all while achieving the objectives of both the team and stakeholders
- Self-motivated, process driven, results oriented and able to execute with little management oversight
- High technical aptitude
Knowledge or aptitude in one of more of the following is a plus:
- Business Process Management
- Services Oriented Architecture
- Industry Experience (for example: Retail, Banking, Marketing, Big Data, Healthcare)