Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance as well as performance monitoring and management for Microsoft SQL and Oracle Databases. Responsible for maintaining, enhancing and upgrading small to large and complex Database environments.
- Technical responsibilities to include:
- Database installation and configuration
- Query optimization and performance tuning
- Writing and maintaining SQL queries
- Developing stored procedures
- Database maintenance plans and query optimization
- Manage Microsoft SQL backups
- Maintain standards across all client environments including monthly
maintenance plans and activities.
- Address escalated technical support for Oracle & SQL issues that are escalated from Business Application teams.
- Assist with project needs for IT Projects including Oracle & SQL upgrades, new application development, deploying infrastructure architectures, and support of onboarding new applications.
- Manage high availability Microsoft SQL environments, including clustering and replication.
- Assist with software deployment and management of the technical infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree required, but will consider applicable work experience as it translates to an equivalent degree.
- Must have 5 years’ database administration (DBA) experience.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting production Oracle and / or Microsoft SQL server instances required.
- Experience with large-scale database systems required.
- Heavier Oracle skillset than SQL Server highly desired.
- Experience with database monitoring and auditing required.
- SQL Server and / or Oracle database performance tuning required.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 – 2012 required.
- Must have experience running production SQL Server Database Clustered environments including: maintenance, tuning, backup/restore, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Oracle 10g, 11g, (12c a plus) database administration experience highly preferred.
- Oracle software installation and configuration on Red Hat Linux preferred.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery using (ex. export/import, RMAN, cold backups) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of database management required; Unix/Linux background preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell scripting preferred.
- SQL Server 2005 – 2014 database administration experience highly preferred.
- SQL Server high availability utilizing AlwaysOn, log shipping, and clustering experience highly preferred.
- Strong focus on data/database security preferred.
- VMWare experience/exposure preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Certified Professional is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required. Requires excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a natural sense of urgency and initiative and have a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in the daily work ethic.
|Job Category||Database Admin|